HOA/CONDO Board Member Certification “Everything you Wanted to Know About Being a Board Member.. But Were Afraid to Ask!” Provider #0000811 | Course #9628926 | 2 ELE Credits
Presented by Lilliana M. Farinas-Sabogal, Esq.
If you are planning to serve on your Association Board, you probably know that you will need to comply with Florida’s certification requirements within 90 days of being elected.
Our Board Member course is tailored specifically to certify hoa and condo Board Members. Your participation will satisfy the statutory requirement so that you are eligible to serve on your Association Board. More importantly, it will provide the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to avoid any potential liability associated with your new role.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
• Defining your fiduciary duty
• Analyzing association operations
• How to properly maintain the association’s books and records
• The pros and cons of alternative dispute resolution
• Avoiding common election pitfalls
• Preparing budgets & funding reserves
• Understanding financial reporting requirements
• Assessing insurance needs for common areas