HOA Board Member Certification “Everything you Wanted to Know About Being a Board Member.. But Were Afraid to Ask” Provider #0000811, Course #9626873, 2 HR/ELE
(Note: This class is NOT for Condominium Boards or Cooperative Boards)
Presented by Mark D. Friedman, Esq.
If you are planning to serve on your homeowner association board, you probably know that you will need to comply with Florida’s certification requirements within 90 days of being elected.
Our HOA Board Certification class is designed to satisfy the statutory requirement so that you are eligible to serve. More importantly, it will provide the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to avoid any potential liability associated with your new role.
• Defining your fiduciary duty
• Analyzing association operations
• How to properly maintain the association’s books and records
• The pros and cons of alternative dispute resolution
• Avoiding common election pitfalls
• Preparing budgets &; funding reserves
• Understanding financial reporting requirements
• Assessing insurance needs for common areas
• Defusing conflict within the community
Sign-in 9:00 a.m.
Light refreshments will be provided.
This class is complimentary, but seating is limited. Registration is required.
Entering the Parking Garage:
• The garage entrance will have a white sign titled 625 N. Flagler Drive/Valet Parking.
• Visitors for long-term parking (pre-scheduled meetings/CA and HOA classes) are to bypass valet parking and proceed up the ramp titled “Reserved Parking” through the lifted entry gate arm thereby allowing access to the upper floors of the parking garage. Parking is permitted on Levels 2 and 3; do not park in any space marked “reserved”. Valet parking is also available if needed. The valet parking ticket should be presented to our office’s Receptionist for validation upon departure.
• Office is located on the 7th Floor.
• Security guard is located on ground floor Lobby if additional assistance is needed.